Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sleep, Glorious Sleep

It has been years since I've gotten a full night's sleep.

The first 18 months of Bug's life, she woke up 10-20 times... every single night... which, I discovered, will actually turn you into a crazy person.

That diminished until she was about two, but still stayed around one to three times a night.

Last night, though, for the first time ever, my sweet girl slept from the time I put her to sleep until 6:30 a.m., her wake up time!

Just in time, too, because the first trimester pregnancy sleepiness is really building, and I'm finding myself somewhat desperate for sleep. I'm not sure what made the difference... maybe it really is just developmental.

I sure hope this continues!

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking tonight how I have been getting more sleep than usual and I'm just realizing it!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can SOOO relate to this. i had so many friends say "my baby started sleeping 12 hours every night at about 3 months." what????? my little guy didn't start sleeping through the night until he turned two. and the day he slept 5-6 hours at a time was the greatest celebration in the world. now he sleeps at least a 9 hour stretch and it is the best feeling in the whole world. of course i'm soaking it up, and enjoying nap time, too, as my new little soul enters the world in 6 weeks or so....ahhh...enjoy your sleep as much as you can!

    ReplyDelete