Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Un-Goals

Every year I swear I'm not going to set New Year's goals, especially related to cliche' areas of weight, home organization, money, etc.

It's so tempting, though!

Tangible goals will be difficult, with what this year will bring.

We have so many changes in store for us in the next year, the main one being a baby on the way.

I'm really nervous about having two... especially the sleep. I truly require 9 hours a night, and my first daughter was a horrific sleeper.

That is no exaggeration. Up at least 20 times a night for two years, no matter what we tried (within our comfort zone).

I know I shouldn't worry, because chances are it won't be the same, but it's difficult not to be concerned. We're very attachment-oriented parents, and having such a troubled sleeper really strained our ideals and sent us into a realm of doubt that probably just made everything worse.

We're crossing our fingers and trying to trust that the universe will be kind. :)

A great change is that my husband is finally finishing up his doctoral classes and internship. It's been a very, very, VERY long three years of coursework, made more difficult by the fact that he's also working 50-60 hours as a dedicated school administrator. I wouldn't wish our family situation of the last three years on my worst enemy!

But, on the flip side, he's starting his dissertation in the fall. It will be a great deal of work, but at least he won't have to be in class two nights a week, so our schedule will be more flexible.

So, my goal for the year is simple: Be present in my own life and do what needs to be done for the health and happiness of my family and myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment